This Week's Challenge
Season 3 Challenge #5 - Clocks
Clocks was released in 2003 for Coldplay's second album - A Rush of Blood To The Head - and is considered one of the band's signature songs. It is in the Top 500 songs of all tie according to Rolling Stone magazine.
The first two questions are designed for students at the Start-Up level and (***NB) are related to the piano track in the video above.
The next four are designed for students at the Well Able and Pro Levels and are related to the track itself. You can listen to it here.
***NB Always listen through headphones or a speaker, never through just a phone or laptop. I would encourage you to try as many questions as possible.
1. In what key is this song?? Not straightforward this week.
2. In what key would the song be if you only considered the notes from the melody of the intro?
3. What are the three chords in the intro?
4. What are the four melody notes used in the ooh-ooh section (1:05)?
5. At 2:33 for the song moves from these three chords for the first time. To three new chords. What are they?
6. The drums accentuate three beats in each bar throughout the song. What are they?
Subscribers will find answers to these questions, a full tuition video and a chord chart here from Monday 15th November.
Other users can sign up here.
And...all previous weekly challenges are available on YouTube here.
Finally, if you would like some immediate help with learning to play the melody - a tuition video is available here.