This Week's Challenge
Season 3 Challenge #4 - Imagine
magine was written by John Lennon for his 1971 album of the same name. It is one of the most influential songs of all time, and has been covered by more than 200 artists, including Madonna, Stevie Wonder, Elton John and Lady Gaga.
The first two questions are designed for students at the Start-Up level and (***NB) are related to the piano track in the video above.
The next 4 are designed for students at the Well Able and Pro Levels and are related to the track itself. You can listen to it here.
***NB Always listen through headphones or a speaker, never through just a phone or laptop. I would encourage you to try as many questions as possible.
1. In what key is this song?? Should be straightforward enough again this time.
2. What is only note not from this key played in the above version?
3. What are the two chords used in the Intro and the Verse of this song?
4. What are the two chords used in the middle 8 of this song (1:37-2:00) that aren't used in the intro?
5. There is an 8-note low piano melody played to link this middle 8 to the next verse (1:57-2:00) - can you figure out the 8 notes?
Subscribers will find answers to these questions, a full tuition video and a chord chart here from Monday 18th October.
Other users can sign up here.
And...all previous weekly challenges are available on YouTube here.
Finally, if you would like some immediate help with learning to play the melody - a tuition video is available here.